April 22, 2009 The A2B range of electric bicycles was launched in the UK this week, following a US launch in late 2008. The GBP 1950 (USD$2,860) Metro is a ‘power on demand’ electric bike and the GBP 1750 (USD$2,570) Hybrid is ‘pedal-assist’ electric bike. With the power on demand A2B Metro, riders can choose either to pedal or cruise under power, allowing them to reach their destination with minimum effort. With the ‘pedal-assist ‘ Hybrid, the rider must pedal but the electric motor boosts the rider’s pedal input - perfect for those who want to keep fit but need a little boost from time to time. Both are fitted with Ultra Motor's direct-drive motor, however electric bikes are limited to 15.5mph on roads by European and UK legislation, however the A2B Metro has an off-road button to allow motor powered speeds up to 20 mph for off-road use.
Key features include:
- Maximum speed under power of 15.5mph1
- Front and rear suspension for comfort and effortless smooth cruising coupled with an oversized comfort seat
- Fully charged battery runs for up to 20 miles
- Costs as little as 7p to fully charge the battery
- Available in White, Black, Silver & Blue color options
- Maximum pedal-assist speed of 15.5mph
- Front suspension coupled with seat suspension for comfort
- Fully charged battery runs for up to 50 miles
- Costs as little as 6p to fully charge the battery
- Available in two styles: Adventure (for a more off-road look) and Urban (for a more city look)
- Both styles are available in Black & White color options.
Both bikes benefit from:
- Silent acceleration
- Ergonomically engineered frames
- Comfort seats to ensure maximum comfort
- Range of accessories including rear basket, generous sized panniers, side bags for carrying laptops
Ultra Motor is a developer of Light Electric Vehicle (LEV) technology with operations in India, Taiwan, China, United States & UK. Ultra Motor has pioneered and successfully commercialized its proprietary electric motor technology to enable reliable, high-performance and affordable means of transport, in the form of electric bicycles and electric scooters. Founded in 2002, the Company’s global corporate headquarters are located in London.