Acer's latest home projector boasts the ability to display a 300-inch, 1080p projection at 24fps, but the main selling point of the US$900 H6500 is that, according to Acer, it's effective in bright ambient light by virtue of its 2,100 ANSI lumens brightness. The downside - no more clandestine smooching in the back row of your home theater.
The Acer H6500 features a contrast ratio of 10,000:1, two HDMI ports, wall-color compensation and "ColorSafe II" technology which is designed to prevent color decay with prolonged use. Images are displayed in 16:9 aspect ratio as standard with the option to adjust to 4:3.
UPGRADE TO NEW ATLAS PLUS
More than 1,200 New Atlas Plus subscribers directly support our journalism, and get access to our premium ad-free site and email newsletter. Join them for just US$19 a year.UPGRADE
When the lights are low, the power consumption can also be reduced by limiting the output to 1,680 lumens. Acer claims this "ECO mode" can reduce power by up to 70 percent. The lamp provides up to 3,500 hours of standard use, and as long as 5,000 hours in ECO mode.
The H6500 weighs 5.6 pounds (2.54 kg) and the package includes management applications which assist in installation, adjusting the settings for different environments, customizing the start-up screen, and supporting wide format PC resolutions.
Acer H6500 technical specs:
- Minimum Lens Aperture: F/2.55
- Maximum Lens Aperture: F/2.85
- Manual Zoom Factor: 1.2x
- Digital Zoom Factor: 8x
- Lamp Power: 240 W
- Normal Mode Lamp Life: 3500 Hour
- Economy Mode Lamp Life: 5000 Hour
- Standard Mode Brightness: 2000 lm
- Low Mode Brightness: 1600 lm
- Color Supported: 1.07 Billion Colors (30-bit)
- Native Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Minimum Projection Distance: 59"
- Maximum Projection Distance: 32.81 ft
- Diagonal Image Size: 300"
- Native Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Compatible Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Contrast Ratio: 10,000:1
- Video Signal Format: NTSC, PAL, SECAM
- Maximum Vertical Sync: 85 Hz
- Maximum Horizontal Sync: 100 kHz
- Weight (Approximate): 5.60 lb
Source: AcerView gallery - 6 images