Adobe Touch Apps for tablets and Creative Cloud hub unveiledView gallery - 7 images
At the recent Adobe MAX 2011 conference, Adobe announced a lineup of Touch Apps tailored for Android and iOS-based devices, including a touch-operated tablet version of Photoshop. Touch Apps will be available either as standalone products, or as components of a larger web-based service called Adobe Creative Cloud, which was also unveiled.
Offered as a monthly paid service, Adobe Creative Cloud is a set of cloud-based programs and services, intended to become a "creative hub" for professionals. It allows viewing, sharing and syncing of files created by Adobe Touch Apps and Adobe Creative Suite.
Sick of Ads?
More than 700 New Atlas Plus subscribers read our newsletter and website without ads.
Join them for just US$19 a year.More Information
Apart from Touch Apps, it will offer web-accessible Adobe Suite tools including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, After Effects and new tools such as Adobe Edge and Muse. Adobe Publishing Suite and Adobe Business Catalyst services, as well as the Typekit fonts library, will be also available.
Coming with 20GB of cloud storage, Creative Cloud will require a subscription fee, with pricing details to be announced in November. The service will be available by early 2012.
Designed to work with both finger and stylus input, Adobe Touch Apps include:
- Photoshop Touch - touch-optimized image editing software with some features equal to the desktop version
- Collage - allows the creation of conceptual "moodboards," combining images, drawings and text, in order to capture ideas and concepts
- Debut - allows users to quickly present Adobe Suite projects on a tablet
- Proto - enables the development of interactive wireframes and prototypes for websites and mobile apps on a tablet
- Ideas - vector-based tool for drawing
- Kuler - enables users to generate color themes
Available from November 2011 for Android, Adobe Touch Apps will have an introductory pricing of US$9.99 each. iOS availability will be announced by early 2012 (Ideas is already available for iPad).View gallery - 7 images