Denon are planing the release of their ground breaking universal Blu-ray player, the DVD-A1UD, across Europe in March 2009. The term 'universal' refers to the fact that the player is designed to play multiple formats (unfortunately this is not a reference to region-free playback). It joins the award-winning reference class AVP-A1HDA pre-amplifier and the POA-A1HD 10-channel power amplifier in the company’s flagship HD home entertainment system.
The DVD-A1UD will retail at the recommended price of £3,299 (approximately USD$4200). What does one get for such a hearty price tag? The DVD-A1UD is designed to deliver the best possible quality for a disc's content; The main functions that make the DVD-A1UD so outstanding include:
NEW ATLAS NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT
Upgrade to a Plus subscription today, and read the site without ads.
It's just US$19 a year.UPGRADE NOW
- Support for Blu-ray, Super Audio CD (SACD), DVD-Audio, DVD-Video and CDs. It is also equipped with Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master and other decoders.
- The use of Denon Link to achieve the world's first jitter-free transmission of digital audio via HDMI.
- Noise free balanced transmission of two-channel analogue sound.
Denon Link is a proprietary high-quality digital audio transmission technology that utilizes a real-time balanced transmission system to protect the signal from external noise. The DVD-A1UD utilizes Denon Link 4, in which the master clock that operates the D/A converters of the A/V surround amp is transmitted to the player. This sharing of the same clock produces digital audio transmission with negligible jitter. Denon claims that sound localization becomes more precise, and a greater sense of space is produced in the sound images.
However, not all Denon AV amplifiers are currently compatible with Denon Link 4. Denon is planning upgrades to Denon Link 4 for the AVP-A1HD and AVC-A1HD A/V surround Pre-amplifier and amplifier that have already been released. All future releases of high-end Denon AV receivers will include Denon link 4.
The DVD-A1UD's dedicated 2-channel analogue circuit includes fully balanced transmission circuitry for the entire signal path to the output port. A fully balanced transmission between the D/A converter of the player and the power amp is possible when the DVD-A1UD is used in conjunction with the AVP-A1HD and POA-A1HD.
To achieve noise resistance, the positive and negative sides of the audio signal are transmitted separately. Any disturbance is cancelled out when the two signals are combined together again at the end of the transmission.
The DVD-A1UD will be available in a premium silver and black. Detailed specifications are as follows:
- Direct Mechanical Ground Construction, embodying concepts for thorough vibration resistance
- Denon’s original Advanced S.V.H. mechanism, newly developed for low specific gravity, vibration resistance, quiet operation, and high precision.
- Seven block structure, to thoroughly prevent mutual interference caused by electrical and magnetic factors; 18.9 kg weight
- Dynamic Discrete Surround Circuit-HD (DDSC-HD), achieving high-quality sound
- Denon Link 4th to achieve the world’s first jitter-free transmission of digital audio via HDMI
- Advanced AL32 Processing Multi Channel, Denon’s proprietary technology that optimizes audio performance, used for the first time in the DVD-A1UD
- Discrete 192-kHz, 32-bit D/A converters for all channels
- Multi-channel support from Denon’s proprietary Compressed Audio Restorer function (2 Channel for MP3/WMA, Mutli Channel for Dolby Digital/DTS)
- A/V Pure Direct (two HDMI output ports)
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx and DTS Neo:6 decoding, in addition to Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
- Support for SACD, DVD-Audio and HDCD
- Denon’s video circuitry for high picture quality, to produce a richer video image from DVD [REALTA, highly acclaimed Silicon Optix video processor]
- Digital Noise Reduction, effective for both HD content from BD media and SD content from DVD media
- 1080/24p output, for maximum enhancement of film texture
- Denon Pixel Image Correction (D.P.I.C.), for more natural curvature correction
- Dual HD video processing to individually select HD resolutions for HDMI & Component out
- Vertical Stretch (supporting the CinemaScope aspect ratio for anamorphic lense), a world's first in a universal player with Blu-ray
- Source Direct, to output disc content in its original resolution
- HDMI (ver. 1.3a, supporting Deep Colour, High Bit Rate Audio output), for transmission of high-definition video and audio signals
- Easy-to-read and easy-to-operate G.U.I. (Graphical User Interface)
- Support “BONUSVIEW” functions
- “BD-Live” ready
- Support for HDMI Control (Consumer Electronics Control)
- Backlight for all remote control unit buttons