October 22, 2008 In some interesting news for Bond fans, the build-up to the latest film release in the long-running franchise has resulted in a photo-shoot featuring the largest number of genuine 007 cars ever captured in one location. The 19-page spread in the November issue of Octane magazine showcases nine cars that appeared in films shot between 1964 and 2008. Not surprisingly, the Aston Martin marque features heavily staring with the DB5 from 60's classics Goldfinger and Thunderball.
The cars were sourced from museums and private collectors and photography duties fell to diehard Bond fan, George Bamford. The feature also investigates the commercial and often political reasons why certain models were used in their respective films as well as the stunts the cars were involved in.
GET 20% OFF A NEW ATLAS PLUS SUBSCRIPTION
For a limited time, we're offering 20% off a New Atlas Plus subscription.
Just use the promo code APRIL at checkout.BUY NOW
The 22nd Bond film, Quantum of Solace, hits cinemas on October 31 and Daniel Craig will be driving... you guessed it, an Aston Martin DBS.
Cars featured in the shoot:
- Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger (1964), Thunderball (1965)
- Toyota 2000GT from You Only Live twice (1967)
- Aston DBS (1960s) from On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
- Lotus Esprit S1 from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
- Lotus Esprit Turbo from For Your Eyes Only (1981)
- Citroën 2CV from For Your Eyes Only (1981)
- Aston Martin V8 from The Living Daylights (1987)
- Aston Martin Vanquish from Die Another Day (2002)
- Aston DBS from Quantum of Solace (2008) and Casino Royale (2006)