Sony's all-in-one High-Def PC/TV with Blu-Ray
August 29, 2007 Sony has introduced a striking new high-definition PC/TV model with Blu-Ray Disc Technology. Featuring a floating glass design, the VAIO LT HD PC/TV serves as a computer entertainment center, where you can watch and record analog, digital and cable (Cable Card is required) television programming, including premium HD channels. Part of a series, the new VAIO LT comes in multiple configurations, including a standard and an HD model. The high-definition version features a Blu-ray Disc optical drive for recording, storing and play back on high-capacity BD media (up to 50 GB on a single disc).
"The LT model has everything you need- it's a PC and HDTV set in one breathtaking device," said Mike Abary, senior vice president of VAIO product marketing at Sony Electronics. "It's the ultimate showstopper for media lovers who appreciate high-def performance and cutting-edge technology in a saving space design."
Features: • 22-inch diagonal WSXGA+ widescreen display, with Sony's XBRITE-HiColor LCD technology
• Mounting capability that allows users to attach a VESA-compatible mount (sold separately) to the unit and hang it on the wall of your bedroom, kitchen, office or attach to your desk
• A/V power button lets you shut down the TV function, while your PC continues to run in the background. This lets you quickly turn the TV off and on without waiting for the PC to shut down or boot up
• Built-in 1.3 megapixel camera
• Echo-cancelling microphone for crystal-clear video messaging
• Intel Core 2 Duo processor
• 2GB of RAM
• Discrete graphics card,it can run demanding applications simultaneously such as graphics-intensive games and HDTV
• Expandable hard drive capacity
• Pre-installed with Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate
• Built-in wireless 802.11n LAN technology
• A wire organizing tab on the back of the chassis ensures that wires are discreetly routed
• Ports are conveniently located on the sides
• fold-up wireless keyboard, mouse and remote control
Sony VAIO LT standard model will start at US$1,900 and the HD model with a Blu-ray Disc optical drive will start at US$2,900.