Prestige edition MX-5 hits Japanese market
October 3, 2007 Mazda has released a blinged-up MX-5 for its domestic Japanese market. Known in Japan as the Mazda Roadster Prestige Edition, the suave convertible gets heated leather seats, 17-inch aluminium alloy wheels, fog lights, Dynamic Stability Control as well as several other baubles and trinkets.
Mazda Motor Corporation yesterday announced the launch of the special edition Mazda Roadster Prestige Edition for the Japanese domestic market. Mazda’s two-seat lightweight open-top sports car (known as the Mazda MX-5 in overseas markets) has been newly outfitted with premium features including black genuine leather seats and alloy wheels made by BBS Japan Co. Ltd. The Prestige Edition goes on sale from today at all Mazda and Mazda Anfini dealerships throughout Japan.
The Mazda Roadster Prestige Edition is based on the Roadster RS RHT and Roadster VS RHT — the premium grades of the Mazda Roadster Power Retractable Hard Top range. This new top-of-the-range sports car appropriately features heated bucket seats with black genuine leather upholstery, 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels forged by BBS Japan Co. Ltd., stainless steel scuff plates and front fog lights. Additionally, a front strut tower bar (cowl connecting type) and Mazda’s Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system are specially added to the six-speed automatic transmission (AT) model.
The manufacturer’s suggested retail price (including consumption tax) for the Mazda Roadster Prestige Edition is 2,950,000 yen for the six-speed manual transmission model and 3,050,000 yen for the six-speed automatic transmission model. Sales will be conducted on a made-to-order basis.
- Exclusive heated bucket seats with black genuine leather upholstery and door trim
- Driver’s side ratchet lever seat lifter
- Exclusive 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels forged by BBS Japan Co. Ltd.
- Exclusive stainless steel scuff plates
- Front fog lights (clear type) with black bezels
- Front strut tower bar (cowl connecting type) Specially added to the six-speed automatic transmission model. It is standard equipment for the 6-speed manual transmission base model.
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system Specially added to the six-speed automatic transmission model. It is available for the six-speed manual transmission base model as a factory-installed option.