May 9, 2008 Drawing immediate comparisons with Apple's iPhone, Taiwanese handset manufacturer HTC has unveiled its new flagship product, the HTC Touch Diamond. The new handset is the latest addition to the company's product platform which began with the launch of the HTC Touch in June 2007 and boasts an array of innovative features led by a 3D touch interface called TouchFLO 3D and enhanced web-browsing capabilities that enable one-handed zoom and panning navigation plus automatic rotation from a portrait to landscape view when the device is turned on its side.
Marginally lighter and smaller than the iPhone at 4" x 3" x 0.44" (102 x 51 x 11.33 mm) and 3.8 oz (110g) but with less screen real estate (2.8-inch v 3.5 inch), the HTC Touch Diamond is housed in an eye-catching brushed steel casing with faceted edges and includes a 3.2 megapixel optical auto-focus camera, 4 GB internal memory, Bluetooth 2.0, WiFi 802.11b/g, integrated GPS and runs on the Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional operating system.
The HTC Touch Diamond will be available to European customers in June, Asia and the Middle East will see it later this quarter in and the North American and Latin American versions will be arrive in the second half of 2008.
HTC Touch Diamond in brief:
- Size: 102 x 51 x 11.33mm
- Weight: 110 g
- Connectivity: WCDMA / HSPA: 900/2100MHz. HSDPA 7.2 Mbps and HSUPA
- Operating system: Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
- Display: 2.8-inch VGA touch screen
- Camera: 3.2MP, with video calling
- Internal memory: 4 GB Internal Storage, 256 MB flash, 192 MB RAM
- Bluetooth: 2.0 with EDR
- Wireless: WiFi 802.11b/g
- GPS: GPS/AGPS
- Interface: HTC ExtUSBTM (mini-USB and audio jack in one; USB 2.0 High-Speed)
- Battery: 900 mAh
- Talk time: GSM: up to 4 hours
- Standby time: GSM: up to 300 hours/100 hours with push email
- Chipset: Qualcomm® MSM 7201ATM 528MHz