Jive multi-platform computer built with OSx86-compatible components
July 29, 2008 Want a PC that will run Windows, Linux and OSx86 with minimal fuss? RSOL PC have built the Jive multi-platform computer with you in mind.
RSOL bypass the legal issues that Mac cloners Psystar experienced by not including a pre-installed operating system on the hardware. All they have done is assembled a machine with components that are known to work well with OSx86, the hacked version of OS X that runs on non-Apple hardware. You'll need to do the hard (and EULA-breaking) work yourself.
RSOL's Jive Series Multi-Platform Desktop Features
- Intel E4600 Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz CPU with 2MB L2 cache
- 500GB SATA II Hard Drive
- 2GB PC2 5300 DDR2 RAM (with supports for up to 8GB)
- 256MB nVidia 7300GS graphics card
- 20x DVDRW optical drive with Lightscribe
- 8 channel digital audio
- 2 Firewire 1394 ports
- 6 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 500 Watt Power Supply
- USB Keyboard & Mouse
- 1 year parts & labor limited warranty
The Jive PC is available online now from RSOL, for US$628.