First unveiled this January at CES, Motorola's flagship Droid Bionic smartphone will finally be available to consumers as of tomorrow. Featuring a dual-core 1 GHz processor, 1 GB of RAM and a 4.3-inch qHD display, the Android phone utilizes Verizon's new LTE 4G network, which is claimed to be the fastest in the U.S. Its other specs aren't too shabby, either.
Owners of the Droid Bionic will be among the first people to use Motorola's new Zumocast app, that lets users remotely access videos, music, pictures and documents stored on their computers. The Webtop app, in turn, will let them transmit a Firefox web browser, emails or documents to an external monitor. Photos, videos and other content from the phone can also be viewed on a separate HDTV, via an optional HDMI cable. The phone can additionally serve as a wireless mobile hotspot, allowing up to five other Wi-Fi-enabled devices to share its 4G LTE signal.
NEW ATLAS NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT
Upgrade to a Plus subscription today, and read the site without ads.
It's just US$19 a year.UPGRADE NOW
The complete specs are as follows:
- Powered by Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)
- Dual-core 1 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM
- 4.3-inch qHD screen using scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass with dual-layer anti-reflective coating
- 8-megapixel autofocus camera with flash and 1080p HD video capture
- Front-facing camera for video chat over 4G LTE, 3G or Wi-Fi
- MOTOPRINT app to print via Wi-Fi-enabled printers
- Mirror Mode with HDMI out (HDMI cable required) supporting 1080p HD video playback
- Multi-window options for multitasking with ease when using the Webtop application
- Business Ready with advanced security policies; resizable and scrollable email, calendar and task widgets; device and SD card encryption; and Citrix GotoMeeting and Citrix Receiver for Android
- Adobe Flash pre-loaded
- HTML 5 capable
- 32 GB memory: 16 GB on board and 16 GB microSD card pre-installed (actual formatted capacity is less)
- Support for up to 32 GB microSD cards
- Supports wireless charger
View gallery - 2 images