There is no doubt that Berlin is at the center of the European music industry, with over 700 music companies nestled amongst a city filled with museums, theaters, clubs and concert venues. What could be better fitting for such a creative hub than a hotel inspired by music? The nhow Berlin claims to be Europe's very first music hotel, complete with recording suites, music managers and hotel staff who also happen to be music college graduates.
Located on the river Spree, the nhow Berlin features an exterior designed by architect Sergei Tchoban. The upper section of the building looks like it has been picked up off the ground and placed on top of another. This 21 meter (69 foot)-high section of the building, containing the 8th to 10th stories, balances freely over the river bank and offers guests uninterrupted views of Berlin. The interior design of the hotel is the work of New York designer, Karim Rashid.
NEW ATLAS NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT
Upgrade to a Plus subscription today, and read the site without ads.
It's just US$19 a year.UPGRADE NOW
The hotel features 303 standard and superior rooms, and a 258m² (308yd²) nhow Suite, occupying two floors, with a private 110 m² (131 yd²) roof terrace. Of course, all the rooms are decked with high-end sound systems. On the 8th, 9th and 10th floors you will find the music sound section, featuring two recording studios. The studios are run in collaboration with Lautstark Music GmbH/René Rennefeld, who also manage the Berlin Hansa recording studios.
- The analogue mixing suite features:
- SSL or Euphorics (TBA) multifunction controller
- 5.1 sourround mixing with option of 7.1
- Adam Audio listening systems and all studio-standard loudspeakers
- Expansion stages from Pro Tools, Logic and all international software standards
- Final Cut for video editing
- Recording booth for vocal recording and overdubs
- Networking with the digital suite
- Media networking with the music hall, terrace, nhow suite
The multifunction digital suite features:
A standard room at the nhow Berlin will set you back EUR 115 (US$163) per night.View gallery - 18 images