October 1, 2008 Philips is rolling-out its 2008 Aurea LCD TV range with new 37” and 42” models boasting an improved in refresh rate of 2ms (compared with 3ms for previous models), a contrast ratio 30000:1, plus the latest versions of the company's Perfect Pixel HD Engine and Active Frame technology.
Key features include 2,250 trillion colors processing 17bit RGB (previously 4 trillion colors), an integrated digital TV tuner (DVB-T/C MPEG-4), an extra HDMI input (now 4), an invisible six speaker sound system that blends into the TV’s rim, a significant reduction in standby power consumption from 0.8W to 0.15W and an improvement in the quality of high speed on-screen movement viewing via "Perfect Natural Motion" technology which removes judder from SD and HD pictures.
NEW ATLAS NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT
Upgrade to a Plus subscription today, and read the site without ads.
It's just US$19 a year.UPGRADE NOW
Designed to broaden the viewing experience by emulating the on-screen colors around the border of the TV, the improved 2008 Active Frame features a new brilliant pearl color and is made from high quality glass with anti-reflective coatings. Various levels of the Ambilight effect can be selected to suit your viewing mood.
The Aurea II range also includes a DLNA PC network link which allows browsing of content from a PC or a home network and the 42” model can now be paired with the new, white Ambisound Soundbar for immersive 5.1 sound performance.
2008 Aurea in brief:
- Panel resolution of 1920 X 1080p
- Philips Perfect Pixel HD Engine
- 100Hz Clear LCD with 2ms performance (previously 3ms refresh rate)
- 2,250 trillion colors processing 17bit RGB (previously 4 trillion colors)
- Contrast ratio 30000:1 (upgraded from 8000:1)
- Perfect Natural Motion (replacing HD Natural motion)
- improved Ambilight Spectra technology
- Integrated digital TV tuner (DVB-T/C MPEG-4)
- DLNA PC network link allows browsing of content from a PC or a home network
- 4HDMI inputs (replacing 3 HDMI inputs)
- Reduction in standby power consumption from 0.8W to 0.15W
- Multimedia connectivity includes Ethernet-UTP5 and USB
- Accessories include a table top swivel stand
For more information visit Philips.View gallery - 8 images