October 1, 2008 Philips is rolling-out its 2008 Aurea LCD TV range with new 37” and 42” models boasting an improved in refresh rate of 2ms (compared with 3ms for previous models), a contrast ratio 30000:1, plus the latest versions of the company's Perfect Pixel HD Engine and Active Frame technology.
Key features include 2,250 trillion colors processing 17bit RGB (previously 4 trillion colors), an integrated digital TV tuner (DVB-T/C MPEG-4), an extra HDMI input (now 4), an invisible six speaker sound system that blends into the TV’s rim, a significant reduction in standby power consumption from 0.8W to 0.15W and an improvement in the quality of high speed on-screen movement viewing via "Perfect Natural Motion" technology which removes judder from SD and HD pictures.
UPGRADE TO NEW ATLAS PLUS
More than 1,500 New Atlas Plus subscribers directly support our journalism, and get access to our premium ad-free site and email newsletter. Join them for just US$19 a year.UPGRADE
Designed to broaden the viewing experience by emulating the on-screen colors around the border of the TV, the improved 2008 Active Frame features a new brilliant pearl color and is made from high quality glass with anti-reflective coatings. Various levels of the Ambilight effect can be selected to suit your viewing mood.
The Aurea II range also includes a DLNA PC network link which allows browsing of content from a PC or a home network and the 42” model can now be paired with the new, white Ambisound Soundbar for immersive 5.1 sound performance.
2008 Aurea in brief:
- Panel resolution of 1920 X 1080p
- Philips Perfect Pixel HD Engine
- 100Hz Clear LCD with 2ms performance (previously 3ms refresh rate)
- 2,250 trillion colors processing 17bit RGB (previously 4 trillion colors)
- Contrast ratio 30000:1 (upgraded from 8000:1)
- Perfect Natural Motion (replacing HD Natural motion)
- improved Ambilight Spectra technology
- Integrated digital TV tuner (DVB-T/C MPEG-4)
- DLNA PC network link allows browsing of content from a PC or a home network
- 4HDMI inputs (replacing 3 HDMI inputs)
- Reduction in standby power consumption from 0.8W to 0.15W
- Multimedia connectivity includes Ethernet-UTP5 and USB
- Accessories include a table top swivel stand
For more information visit Philips.View gallery - 8 images