Pioneer HDJ-2000 DJ Headphones
November 27, 2008 Pioneer's latest high-end HDJ-2000 professional DJ headphones promise new levels of sound quality and durability in a lightweight magnesium swivel/fold design that's both comfortable to wear and easy to transport.
Key specs include a frequency response of 5 Hz to 30,000 Hz, 50 mm driver units, a zero resonance heavy-duty build and the capacity for 3,500 mW of input which prevents distortion at sustained loud volumes.
The headphones are designed for studio applications as well as noisy performance environments and comfort is enhanced by the use of heat-resistant low-rebound "memory-foam" padding and leather cushions. The ear-cups also boast a new i-hinge mechanism with auto-return that swivels a full 90 degrees while an in-built STEREO/MONO switch improves monitoring and a removable mini XLR connector means that the cord can be removed during transportation or easily replaced.
The Pioneer HDJ-2000 headphones cost £199. Read on for full specs.
HDJ-2000 headphones in brief:
- Lightweight magnesium design
- Protein leather surface with memory foam padding
- Removable Mini XLR connector
- 'i-hinge' design with 90° auto return
- Type: Fully enclosed dynamic headphones
- Frequency response: 5 Hz to 30,000 Hz
- Impedance: 36 Ω
- Sensitivity: 107 dB
- Maximum power input: 3,500 mW
- Driver units: 50 mm dome type
- Cord: 1.2-m-long one-side connection coiled type (extended length 3 m)
- Plug: 3.5 mm 3P mini-plug (gold-plated, threaded type)
- Weight: 290 g (without cord)
- Accessories: Carrying pouch, 6.3 mm 3P plug adaptor (gold-plated, threaded type)