November 12, 2007 InFocus Corporation has released the Play Big IN1 Gaming projector, designed specifically for gaming consoles. The IN1 is designed as an all-in-one solution combining high-end audio, multiple inputs for connectivity to DVD players, cable and satellite boxes, a projected image of up to eight feet in size, plus a mirror that flips the image on the ceiling for a truly laid back gaming experience - all in a compact unit weighing less than 10 pounds.
Featuring Digital Light Processing (DLP) technology by Texas Instruments and a built-in amplifier with two-speaker stereo system, which is acoustically engineered to mimic the compact performance of high-end car audio systems, the Play Big IN1 weighs just 9.9lbs (4.49kg) and measures 8.5inches high by 10.39 inches long by 13.35 inches wide with a padded backpack available for easy transport of the unit.
GET 30% OFF NEW ATLAS PLUS
Read the site and newsletter without ads. Use the coupon code EOFY before June 30 for 30% off the usual price.BUY NOW
Other accessories include a gold-plated Wii component connectivity cable and a ceiling mirror that flips the image on the ceiling for the truly laid back gaming experience. The IN1 features a contrast ratio of 1500:1 (Full On/Full Off) and a brightness of 500 max ANSI lumens.
The InFocus Play Big IN1 comes with a 90-day warranty on the projector and lamp and is available now for USD$549.
InFocusPlay Big IN1 specs:
- Native Aspect Ratio: 4x3
- Supported Aspect Ratio: 4:3, 16:9
- High Bright: 500 max ANSI lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 1500 : 1 Full On/Full Off
- Display Technology: DLP™ by Texas Instruments®
- Video Compatibility: Full NTSC, PAL, SECAM, 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i
- Color Wheel (DLP Only): 6-segment, 6x
- Native Resolution: VGA
- Projector Placement: Front Projection, Ceiling Projection
- Minimum Image Size: 3.33 ft (1.01 m)
- Maximum Image Size: 17.5 ft (5.33 m)
- Standard Lens Zoom: 1 : 1
- Standard Lens Throw Ratio: 1.8:1 (Distance/Width)
- Standard Lens Image Offset Ratio: 112% (+/- 5%)
- Standard Lens Projection Distance: 5 - 26.25 ft (1.52 - 8 m)