Vuzix iWear ships AV310 glasses - the first 16:9 personal media viewerView gallery - 8 images
February 20, 2009 Vuzix Corporation's iWear® AV310 Widescreen headset is now on retail shelves. The 16:9 aspect ratio AV310 is compatible with all NTSC and PAL devices with video output, iPod, portable media players, video cameras, cell phones with video output and equates to viewing a virtual 52’ screen from 9-feet. At USD 250, it offers a high level of personal adjustment, including focus for each eye, so you can create your own virtual entertainment environment almost anywhere.
The AV310 will run for five full hours on a single AA battery and offers independent focus adjustment (individual adjustment for each eye ) and an adjustable nosepiece and earphones for comfort. Users can also expect wide-ranging compatibility, as the AV310 is compatible with all NTSC or PAL devices with a video output, all iPod models, portable media players, video cameras, cellular phones with video output, gaming consoles, digital cameras and DVD players. The AV310’s features include:
Sick of Ads?
Join more than 500 New Atlas Plus subscribers who read our newsletter and website without ads.
It's just US$19 a year.More Information
- • Virtual 52’ screen viewed from 9-feet
• Full 16:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio
• Independent +2 to -5 diopter focus, providing individual adjustment for each eye
• Twin high-resolution LCD displays
• “Vuzix’ 3D” watermark compliant
• Removable and comfort fit earbuds
• Adjustable, hypoallergenic nosepiece
• AccuTilt™ viewer with 15 degrees of tilt adjustment
• Up to 5 hours of battery life on one AA battery
• On screen display settings control
• For use with or without eyeglasses