July 23, 2008 Beats by Dr. Dre headphones are the result of collaboration between Dr. Dre, Monster Cable and industrial designer Robert Brunner. There's certainly no question that they look the part, but with an impressive list of features and specifications to back them up, you might just consider dropping USD $349 on a pair this Friday.
Beats by Dr. Dre Features
NEW ATLAS NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT
Upgrade to a Plus subscription today, and read the site without ads.
It's just US$19 a year.UPGRADE NOW
- Monster's newly-developed driver technology, which promises "incredible" transient response and "rich, deep" bass
- Frequency response of 20Hz to 20KHz
- Folding design with sturdy case for easy transportation
- Monster Cable's powered isolation technology (read: noise cancellation)
- Included iSoniTalk cable allows you to answer calls on your iPhone
Joshua Frulinger from Switched had a 10 minute hands-on with the headphones in January, and claim that they're just as comfortable as they look - although we wouldn't take into account his claim they are less fatiguing than other cans, as 10 minutes is hardly an adequate length of time to judge.
With the qualifier "...to the rock and hip hop listener" appearing in the press material, we're doubtful that these headphones will be suited to a listener who wants a flat, reference-quality frequency response - so we suggest you trial a pair with a few of your favorite songs before making a purchase.View gallery - 4 images