Casio introduces a heavy duty PDA
November 20, 2004 Casio has announced the release of the new IT-10 Enterprise PDA. Engineered for heavy duty use in tough field environments as well as retail applications, the IT-10 is drop, shock, water and dust resistant. The device will be available in Japan and the USA in December for a RRP of US $999.
The IT-10 offers exceptional portability along with high-speed, high-capacity data processing. It's range of functions are designed to suit a variety of tasks such as retail store management, sales force automation, equipment/facilities maintenance management and market research applications.
Sick of Ads?
More than 700 New Atlas Plus subscribers read our newsletter and website without ads.
Join them for just US$19 a year.More Information
"Casio, through its years of PDA development experience, has designed the new IT-10 model with the portability, functionality, durability and superior hardware that the business market demands, said Larry Sampey, General Manager of the Systems Products Division."
The IT-10 offers a higher level of performance by offering greater durability, a high resolution VGA display that is both advantageous for web- based application developers as well as allowing easy viewing for users, and a high capacity battery for extended operation time between charges.
* Shock-resistant to withstand a drop from 3.3 feet (1.0 m); complies with the IP 54 rating for dust and splash resistance.
* Large 3.7-inch transflective VGA LCD for sharp, clear viewing; can switch between either landscape or portrait viewing.
* Large 2,300 mAh rechargeable battery for up to 27 hours of continuous use.
* CF card slot for use with wireless WAN or LAN cards with noise-reduction design. (Supplies electrical current up to 1A.
* SD slot with SDIO Now! software enables use with memory cards, as well as scanner cards, camera cards, wireless LAN cards etc.
* Memory backup and auto-recovery tools for recovery of application environment and smooth transfer to a backup machine.
* Microsoft(R) Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Software for Pocket PC
* Intel(R) PXA270 416MHz Application Processor
* Compact: Approx. 5.5" (H) x 3.1" (W) x 1.0" (D). Approx. 140 mm (H) x 80 mm (W) x 25 mm (D)
The IT-10 uses a 416MHz Intel PXA270 CPU, has 64MB of RAM expandable to 128 MB, a 3.7-inch transflective TFT color LCD display and a LED backlight attached. It's Lithium-ion battery pack lasts approximately 27 hours per charge and the IT-10 weighs 290g. For full specs and more information visit: