Samsung unveils flagship Series 9 LED-backlit LCD HDTV
July 24, 2008 Samsung's new flagship Series 9 LCD is the second generation of HDTV to use their LED SmartLighting technology, achieving a 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and "actual" black levels thanks to its ability to completely shut off the light source of each pixel.
The Series 9 also boasts Samsung's 120Hz technology dubbed Auto Motion Plus, which reduces the severity of issues commonly caused by fast-moving content on HDTVs, and a "Touch of Color" design that does away with the standard black bezel in preference of a charcoal grey with a honeycomb pattern (...we hope it matches the cushions.)
Other Series 9 LED LCD Features
- Ultra Clear Panel technology eliminates ambient light for increased picture quality in bright environments
- InfoLink allows you to read RSS feeds from the couch
- USB 2.0 connectivity for displaying photos and movies from external devices
- Four HDMI inputs including one easily accessible side input
- Internal flash memory preloaded with content like hi-resolution artwork, cooking recipes and games
The Series 9 LED LCD will be available this August in 46-inch (US$3,199.99) and 55-inch ($4,199.99) models.