Motorola’s Android phone, CLIQ, has clear social benefits with MOTOBLURView gallery - 3 images
Motorola is boasting the first and only solution to sync contacts, posts, messages and photos from sources like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Gmail, work and personal e-mail through MOTOBLUR, which automatically delivers the services via easy to manage streams to a live home screen. Motorola is hoping MOTOBLUR will help differentiate its product portfolio of Android-powered devices from its competition by appealing to social networking fanatics who need to keep up to date with information from a variety of sources.
Can’t live with widgets
Sick of Ads?
More than 700 New Atlas Plus subscribers read our newsletter and website without ads.
Join them for just US$19 a year.More Information
Using MOTOBLUR, all conversation threads, friend updates, stories, links, photos, etc, are automatically delivered to live widgets on the home screen, making it redundant to open and close different applications or menus. The Motorola CLIQ has thousands of applications and widgets to choose from including MOTOBLUR, Android Market or pre-loaded Google mobile services.
With MOTOBLUR everything is organized, streamed and delivered throughout the device via:
- Happenings: all your social site updates can be viewed in one spot with the live Happenings application including access to every friend feed, status update, wall post, bulletin and photo upload.
- Messages: the Messages application allows users to scroll through messages from multiple sources such as current work or personal e-mails, social site messages, and texts, and respond instantly no matter how it was sent.
- Social status: users can update their status to one or all your social networks at once.
- News feeds: users can keep track of their favorite news feeds, sports scores or even celebrity gossip without leaving the home screen.
- Calendar: allows the integration of a work calendar with Google Calendar into one Calendar widget that shows your next appointment.
Integrated Contacts with ContextMOTOBLUR makes it easy to keep up with all your contacts because they are automatically synced to the phone from personal and work e-mail as well as social network accounts. MOTOBLUR updates any changes your friends or contacts make to their information and when making or receiving a phone call, your friend’s latest profile picture and status is shown on the screen. A communication history with each person is displayed in the contacts view, while your communication history with each person and their latest social network broadcasts is organized in an easy-to-read manner so you’ll always be up to speed with what your friends and family are up to.
Importantly, Motorola says MOTOBLUR is easy to set up and secure. Lost or stolen phones can be traced with an integrated A-GPS from the online owner’s portal, and data can even be wiped clean. Simply enter the account username and password on the next MOTOBLUR phone, and all the information will be restored instantly.
MOTOBLUR will be available first on Motorola’s new 3G Android-powered qwerty slider, the Motorola CLIQ in the U.S., and the Motorola DEXT throughout the rest of the world in Q4 this year, with other Android-based devices to follow.
Other featuresMotorola's CLIQ in the U.S. and Motorola DEXT will also include:
- A full HTML browser
- 3G speed and Wi-Fi
- A 5MP camera with autofocus
- The ability to play YouTube videos or capture your own
- A 3.5mm headset jack to plug in your own headphones
MOTOBLUR will be available first on select Motorola devices in Q4 2009 with regional carriers worldwide. In the U.S. the Motorola CLIQ with MOTOBLUR will be available exclusively with T-Mobile USA. The Motorola DEXT with MOTOBLUR will be available with Orange in the UK and France, Telefonica in Spain and America Movil in Latin America.View gallery - 3 images