Fujifilm has announced a follow up to the retro Fujifilm X100 released earlier this year. The Fujifilm X10 compact digital camera features an optical zoom viewfinder, a 12 megapixel EXR-CMOS sensor, 28-112mm equivalent F2.0 -2.8 Fujinon lens and continuous shooting at up to 7 fps at 12 megapixels.
The F2.0 -2.8 Fujinon lens comes with 4x optical zoom operated by manually rotating rings on the lens. The manual zoom doubles as an on/off switch to speed up the shooting and the shutter-release time lag is approximately 0.01 second.
The hybrid viewfinder of the X100 is missing, replaced by an optical zoom viewfinder which covers 85 percent of the frame. The X10's 2.8-inch TFT colour LCD has a 460,000 dot resolution, covering 100 percent of the frame.
Fujifilm X10 allows continuous shooting at up to 7 fps at 12 megapixel or 10 fps after reducing the resolution. In super macro mode it's possible to take pictures from a distance of 1cm (0.39in). The camera shoots Full HD 1080p videos at 30fps in H.264 MOV format with stereo sound, while 70, 120 and 200 fps speeds are also available. There's also eight Film Simulation modes which reproduce film photography effects and the retro look is polished off by a leather case.
Fujifilm X10 key specs include:
- Sensor: 2/3 inch EXR-CMOS sensor; 12 million effective pixels; Primary colour filter (RGB color filter array)
- Still image formats: RAW (.RAF); JPEG (EXIF 2.3); RAW + JPEG
- Image processor - Fujifilm EXR processor
- Movie recording: 1920 x 1080 Full HD, 30fps; 1280 x 720 HD, 30fps; 640 x 480 VGA, 30fps; H.264 MOV format; Stereo sound
- Lens: FUJINON 4x optical zoom lens; 28-112mm (equivalent to 35mm); F2 - F2.8
- Image stabilization - lens shift type;
- Auto focus: TTL Contrast Detection AF system; Multi, Area, Tracking
- Focus modes: Single shot AF (S- AF); Continuous AF (C-AF); Manual focus (MF)
- Exposure modes: Program AE; Aperture priority AE; Shutter priority AE; Manual
- Sensitivity: ISO 100- 12800; 6400 and 12800 in extended mode; Auto ISO
- Shutter speeds: 1/4 - 1/4000 sec (Auto mode); 30-1/4000 sec (all other modes)
- Internal flash effective range: (ISO 800) approx. 50 cm -7 m / 1.6 ft. - 22.9 ft.;
- Internal flash modes: Auto; Forced Flash; Suppressed Flash; Slow Synchro; Red-eye Reduction Auto; Red-eye Reduction & Forced Flash; Red-eye Reduction & Slow Synchro
- External Flash - Hot-Shoe (dedicated TTL flash compatible)
- Optical viewfinder: approx. 85 percent coverage; eye point approx 15mm; diopter adjustment -3.5 to +1.5 m-1 (dpt)
- LCD monitor: 2.8" TFT colour LCD; 460,000 dots; 100 percent frame coverage
- Storage - SD/SDHC/SDXC;
- Connectivity: USB 2.0 (Hi Speed); Mini HDMI
- Dimensions: 117.0 (W) x 69.6 (H) x 56.8 (D) mm ;
4.6 (W) x 2.7 (H) x 2.2 (D) in.
- Weight: Approx. 350g / 12.3oz. (including battery and memory card)
Fujifilm X10 will be available in November 2011, with pricing yet to be announced.