August 6, 2008 Now in its second generation, TomTom's navigation solution for motorbikes features a ruggedized waterproof housing, a 3.5" touchscreen with large, "glove friendly" icons, a secure universal mounting system and comes bundled with a Cardo scala-rider® Bluetooth® headset for in-helmet spoken instructions and hands-free phone calls.
The Rider 2 includes access to the company's online map update and personalization service (TomTom Map Share™), pre-installed Tele Atlas maps of Western & Eastern Europe, a safety ‘Help Me’ menu that gives access to emergency services and roadside assistance, itinerary planning, plus trip statistics such as maximum speeds per journey, total miles travelled and distance from home. The rechargeable Lithium-ion battery is good for around five hours or can be wired into a 12 volt motorcycle battery. there's also an optional car mount kit for when you decide to swap two wheels for four. Specifications:
- 3.5” 320 x 240 full TFT colour LCD touchscreen (64k colors)
- High sensitivity GPS chipset
- Waterproof: IPX7
- SD card with maps of Europe pre-loaded
- Operating Temperature: -10° to + 55 °C
- Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and data connection
- Internal lithium-ion battery (5 hours operation)
- Power source: 12V DC battery, 110V AC charger
- Dimensions: 113.2mm x 96.2mm x 52.9mm
- Weight: 310 grams
- Price (Europe Edition): GBP 399.99
Sick of Ads?
Join more than 500 New Atlas Plus subscribers who read our newsletter and website without ads.
It's just US$19 a year.More Information