November 23, 2004 Casio has added the 7.2 megapixel EXILIM PRO EX-P700 to its range of ultra-compact, high-performance digital cameras. Squeezing in a 2.0-inch LCD screen, 4X optical zoom and an exceptionally fast 0.01 second release time lag, the EX-P700 is due for release in January 2005 for US $600.
Following in the footsteps of the EX-P600, the EX-P700 offers an impressive, flexible package. Featuring a 4X optical zoom (coupled with 4X digital zoom), a large 2.0-inch LCD screen, 7.2 million megapixel CCD and fast-response, the camera offers enhanced performance from the same body size as its predecessor. Key functions include auto bracketing, voice recording, video with sound and 'Business Shot' - a mode that straightens distorted pictures automatically.
"Casio's new EX-P700 digital truly closes the performance and usability gap between conventional compact cameras and full-sized models. Enthusiasts and casual picture-takers alike can now enjoy the superior portability of an EXILIM camera with the breathtaking high-resolution images usually afforded by much more expensive, professional-type models," said John Clough, president of Casio Inc. "The EX-P700 represents the best of both worlds in the realm of digital photography."
EXILIM PRO EX-P700 MAIN FEATURES
• The stylishly designed stainless steel body houses an ultra high-resolution 7.2 million-pixel CCD imaging element and high-performance Canon 4X optical zoom lens to deliver photo quality on par with professional-type digital cameras.
• Thorough attention to faster response throughout the operation cycle in all areas of design has resulted in a start-up time of approximately 2.0 seconds and a 0.01 second release time lag. The EX-P700 also features a high speed continuous shooting function that can take 3 photos per second up to 5 photos.
• Flash Assist - Operates during flash photography to compensate for underexposure in areas which are not reached by flash.
• Business Shot - Business Shot function compensates for photos taken at an angle and records them as though taken from straight ahead • Auto Bracketing - Exposure, white balance and focus position are quickly set with a single press of the shutter. In addition, the multi-bracketing feature enables a variety of shots with different colour effects to be taken in combination with the rapid shooting function.
• Manual shooting is made easier with the large 2.0" high-definition TFT LCD screen, which clearly displays all necessary information about shooting and effects. Manual settings can be easily changed on-screen for quicker shooting.
EXILIM PRO EX-P700 GENERAL FEATURES
• Advanced image noise reduction processing for improved image quality, especially when shooting at night.
• Built-in speaker for voice recording and audio snapshot playback, as well as movies with audio.
• High-speed startup - the camera is ready to shoot about 2.0 seconds after power is turned on (with flash off).
• A release time lag of only 0.01 second. The image starts to be recorded virtually as soon as the shutter is pressed.
• Multi-Auto Focus for automatic selection of the optimum focus point location from a 7 point multi-focus area. Free Auto Focus area switching for selecting your own desired focus point location.
• Manual Assist gives a sample picture of the effect of changes in the manual settings.
• High-speed playback scrolls at 0.1 second per image for faster and easier image searches.
• Large 2.0-inch TFT LCD scratch-resistant acrylic panel monitor.
• EX-FINDER graphically displays the picture information via the LCD display.
• RGB Histogram creates a histogram in red, green, or blue separately for the optimum picture balance.
• The Best Shot Mode accesses 27 camera setups in an instant. Simply select a sample scene similar to the image you want, and exposure compensation, white balance, and other settings are configured automatically.
• Select the Bulb Photography mode, which takes a continuous exposure, and use the included remote control to take perfect pictures without the blurriness. • Synchro-terminal enables the connection of an external flash device.
• Full-month calendar screen shows a thumbnail of the first image recorded on each date.
• Slide Show function lets you enjoy a picture show right on the camera's LCD display.
• The Alarm function sounds an alarm and displays a specified image at a preset time. A voice message can also be selected to play back at the alarm time.
• World Time lets you select one of 162 cities in 32 time zones around the world as your home time. When travelling to another time zone, simply select the applicable city, and time and date settings are adjusted automatically.
• Triple Self-timer records three consecutive images, so you can select and keep the best one.
• The camera stores images in a Web browser-viewable format that allows you to browse images in an on-screen album.
• Internal 8.9MB flash memory, with a card slot that supports use of an SD memory card or MMC (memory card not included).
• Favourites folder lets you store your favourite or private images so they are not displayed during normal playback.
• Connects directly to PictBridge and USB DIRECT-PRINT* compatible printers.
• Complies with ExifPrint (Exif 2.2) and PRINT Image Matching
Recording Element: 1/1.8-inch square pixel primary color CCD (7.41 million total pixels; 7.2-million effective pixels) Image File Record Formats: Snapshots: JPEG (Exif. Ver. 2.2), DCF standard, DPOF compliant Movies: AVI (Motion JPEG), Audio: WAV (Monaural) Recording Media: Built-in flash memory (approx. 8.9 MB recordable area), SD memory card/MMC compatible Recorded Image Sizes: Snapshots: 3072 X 2304 / 3072 X 2048 (3:2) / 2304 X 1728 / 1600 X 1200 / 1280 X 960 / 640 X 480 pixels Movies: 320 X 240 pixels
For more detailed specifications visit: