Logitech has unveiled their Driving Force GT Wheel - the official force-feedback wheel of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for the PlayStation 3. Designed in collaboration with Gran Turismo developers Polyphony Digital, the wheel features a realtime adjustment dial, allowing you to adjust brake bias, traction control and damper settings on the fly.
Obviously aiming to be a device that doesn't feel or look out of place beside a PlayStation 3 and expensive HDTV, the Driving Force GT Wheel features:
UPGRADE TO NEW ATLAS PLUS
More than 1,200 New Atlas Plus subscribers directly support our journalism, and get access to our premium ad-free site and email newsletter. Join them for just US$19 a year.UPGRADE
- A new force-feedback system, promising ultra-realistic simulation of understeer, oversteer and traction loss
- Full-size gas and brake pedals
- Both sequential stick shift and wheel-mounted paddles for changing gears
- 11" wheel with comfortable rubber grip
- 900 degrees of movement
- Illuminated horn
- Compatibility with Gran Turismo 3 & 4 on the PS2
The Driving Force GT will be available in the US, Europe and Australia in early May, with a suggested retail price of US$150/AU$249. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be released in North America on April 17, available on Blu-ray disc and as a paid download from the PlayStation Store. Our readers in Europe and Australia can expect the game closer to the end of April.