Honda's sporty EV-STER concept unveiled
More from the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show, where Honda today unveiled the two-seater EV-STER, which it describes as the "next-generation electric small sports concept". Honda says that its lightweight frame made of "carbon materials" grants a range of approximately 160 km (99 miles) while simultaneously improving performance. Honda very much emphasizes the EV-STER's driving experience, citing the ability to customize motor output and suspension settings, as well as its twin-lever control instead of a steering wheel.
Behind the twin levers is a futuristic three-screen display which, in addition to all the essential data, displays navigational information, an audio system display and the internet.
Honda EV-STER key specifications:
- Vehicle length: 3,570 mm (140.6 in)
- Vehicle width: 1,500 mm (59 in)
- Vehicle height: 1,100 mm (43.3 in)
- Wheelbase: 2,325 mm (91.5 in)
- Maximum speed: 160 km/h (99 mph)
- Acceleration 0-60 km/h (0-37 mph): 5.0 sec
- Maximum range (JC08 mode): Approximately 160 km (99 miles)
- Battery: 10 kWh lithium-ion battery
- Maximum battery output: 58 kW
- Charging time at 200V: Under 3 hours. At 100V: under 6 hours