The honours in the first ever session went to the Indian Agni Motors entry based around a 2007 model Suzuki GSX-R600 road bike frame and fitted with two Agni 95 motors and 63 70AH Kokam lithium-polymer batteries. Rated by the team at around 40-50 bhp, the bike was the first electric motorcycle to complete a lap of the 37 mile course, with Team Agni rider Rob Barber averaging 84.81 mph to the time sheets.
In the Open class, for machines built within a UKP 30,000 budget, Team ManTTx rider Dan Kneen lapped at an average speed of 70.677mph on his 748R Ducati-based machine.
PRO Class times
- Team Agni (Rob Barber): 26:41
- Mission Motors (Thomas Montano): 33:45
- XXL (Thomas Schoenfelder): 34.07
- Brammo/Bike (Roy Richardson): 35:47
- Brammo/Bike (Mark Buckley): 35:52
- HTBLAUVA – TGM (Paul Dobbs): 41:53
Open Class times
- ManTTx Racing (Dan Kneen): 32:01
- Barefoot Motors Racing (Chris Petty): 33:35
- Electric Motorsport (Chris Heath): 36:26
- NSR - Kingston University (George Spence): 40:44
Want a cleaner, faster loading and ad free reading experience?
Try New Atlas Plus. Learn more